Learning at UC
We provide extensive learning support services, both online and face-to-face, to help our students achieve their academic goals.Read more about this slide
University of Canberra
The University of Canberra is and always has been committed to providing a transformative educational experience accessible to everyone, whatever their stage of life and background. This is a central element of our current strategic plan and an aspiration we are absolutely committed to.
Our much-valued predecessor, the Canberra College of Advanced Education (CCAE) transformed many lives with its focus on professional education, at a time when the political and economic climate gave many people opportunity—especially those not traditionally expected to enter tertiary education. This is a commitment that we continue today, within the globalised higher education sector.
UC still has a clear professional focus offering a range of applied degrees and a strong commitment to work integrated learning. Our education and research aims to help build just, prosperous and sustainable communities to redress disadvantage. We are also committed to building the national Reconciliation agenda, through tangible actions under our Reconciliation Action Plan.
The University of Canberra has established a new start-up company to commercialise a novel approach to prevent the recurrence of metastasis, with an initial focus on breast cancer.
Five-time Paralympian and three-time medallist Richard Nicholson has been named the University of Canberra’s athlete in residence for 2016.
High school and college students recently visited campus to take part in a series of ESTEM summer workshops
Important DatesSee all dates >
Monday, 15th Feb 2016
Semester 1 teaching period begins
Friday, 19th Feb 2016
Last day to add Semester 1 units via MyUC without a late fee or lecturer approval
Friday, 11th Mar 2016
Census date for Semester 1 2016
- Last day to pay Semester 1 tuition fees without a late fee
- Last day to make up-front Semester 1 HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP payments
- Last day to add Semester 1 units with lecturer approval (late fees may apply)
- Last day to submit a FEE-HELP assistance form for Semester 1
- Last day to submit a HECS-HELP form for Semester 1
- Last day to submit a SA-HELP form or pay SSAF for Semester 1
- Last day to withdraw from Semester 1 units without incurring a WD grade, HECS-HELP or tuition fee liability
- Last day to submit a Semester 1 Scholarship application