Report an Incident
If you have experienced or witnessed a safety issue or concern, no matter how big or small, let us know.
Your safety and well-being is of the utmost importance to us. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment, and reporting concerns is an important part of ensuring this.
If you have experienced any form of violence or harassment, sustained an injury or identified a potential hazard, we encourage you to reach out to us and let us help. Having a record of all incidents (even if no injury occurred) will allow us to take preventive action to address the concerns you have raised.
If you report an incident, your case will be treated confidentially and with respect. You are able to report anonymously should you wish. All incidents reported will be responded to within 24 hours (where contact details are provided).
Important Update: COVID-19 Testing Procedure
To ensure that the University can provide support to our staff and students who may be undergoing COVID-19 testing or have tested positive, we would like to remind you of the following procedures:
STEP ONE - NOTIFICATION
- For staff: notify UCPeople@canberra.edu.au and your line manager
- For students: notify Welfare@canberra.edu.au
STEP TWO - COMPLETE A UNIVERSITY INCIDENT REPORT FORM
- Form type: Health and Safety Report
- Incident category: COVID-19
- Incident type: Been tested for COVID-19 or in mandatory quarantine
STEP THREE - PROVIDE THE BELOW INFORMATION IN YOUR REPORT
- Full name and student/staff ID
- Business area / faculty / Course
- If you are a student, do you live on campus? If yes, what are the accommodation arrangements (i.e. is it shared)?
- Date of test (if applicable)
- Date of first symptoms (if any)
- Brief details of recent movement e.g. returned from overseas or interstate; notified of being a close contact of a COVID-19 positive case by a health official; had a presence on campus in 48 hours prior to symptoms presenting; on a work integrated learning placement; or a worked in healthcare / aged care / education
If your test is positive, please contact the University's dedicated COVID-19 Support Line on 0409 507 734.
This contact number is monitored 24/7 by UC's Medical and Counselling Team.
WHICH REPORT DO I USE?
UC SAFE COMMUNITY
Sexual Assault, Harassment and Other Misconduct
If you wish to report a crime against person, such as a specific instance of harm against (or a source of harm to) a person, such as sexual assault, harassment, bullying, acts of violence, abuse, misconduct or other such incidences, please use the UC Safe Community report form.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
If you wish to report other incidents that compromise safety and security, such as a source of danger, security issue, act of disaster, property damage, non-violent criminal activity or other such incidents, then please use the Health and Safety report form.
Note: Incidents related to injuries must be reported within 12 hours of the incident occurring.
If you are in immediate danger and require urgent assistance, please call '000'. If you are on-campus, you can also call UC Security on 6201 2222. Please use the prefix '0' if you are dialling from an internal UC phone. A full list of contacts can be found at the Where to Get Help page.
Hazards should be reported to your UC staff representative or security. Staff should report through the University of Canberra Service Portal