Widening Participation Programs
The University of Canberra (UC) is committed to student equity in higher education, providing opportunities to people from a range of backgrounds. Within Student Administration, Widening Participation manages delivery of several UC outreach initiatives. These are externally funded through the Australian Government's Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Programme.
The Widening Participation Team, including current UC students, works with participating secondary schools across the ACT and NSW. Within these schools we aim to engage students who have:
- a rural and/or regional background;
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background;
- a history of financial disadvantage; and/or
- little or no family experience of higher education.
Explore our website for more information on each of our programmes including:
· Raising Aspirations Online Modules
· Teacher Professional Development
· Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Outreach Programs
· Resources for schools and careers advisers
For the latest news, events and program updates click on the icon below to open our current Widening Participation Newsletter.
Course Advise Day
If you've received an offer to study, are awaiting an offer, or considering applying, you can find all the information and support you need at the University of Canberra Course Advise Day.
Date: Thursday 21 December 2017
Time: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Venue: Building 1 Refectory (view campus map)
There are currently no upcoming events for Widening Participation. Check back regularly for new events.