Widening Participation Programs
The University of Canberra (UC) is committed to student equity in higher education, providing opportunities to people from a range of backgrounds. Within Student Administration, Widening Participation manages delivery of several UC outreach initiatives, which are outlined in our UC Student Equity and Access Plan 2018-2022. These are externally funded through the Australian Government's Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Programme
The Widening Participation Team, including current UC students, works with participating secondary schools across the ACT and NSW. Within these schools we aim to engage students who have:
- a rural and/or regional background;
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background;
- a history of financial disadvantage; and/or
- little or no family experience of higher education.
Explore our website for more information on each of our programs including:
- Future Focus Online Modules
- Teacher Professional Development
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Outreach Programs
- Resources for schools and careers advisers
Find out more by liking our Facebook Page - UC Widening Participation.
For the latest news, events and program updates read our end of 2018 newsletter - Widening Participation Newsletter.
UC 4 Yourself Day
UC 4 Yourself University Experience Days are aimed at students in Years 9/10 who have the potential to succeed in higher education but who may have discounted the possibility.
The UC 4 Yourself University Experience Days aim to provide students with opportunities to:
- Engage with current UC students to learn more about what university is like;
- Tour student accommodation;
- Participate in hands-on workshops run by UC academics;
- Explore the UC campus, facilities, buildings and lecture theatres;
- Discover university courses;
- Learn about alternative entry options;
- Find out about potential scholarships;
- Discover all the support services available.
Dates: November 19, 20 & 21
Time: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Venue: Multiple locations across the University's campus
Download a copy of our UC 4 Yourself 2019 poster for your school - UC 4 Yourself 2019 Poster