Information for Employers
The University of Canberra is ranked number one in the ACT for graduate employment.
Careers UC offers a centralised service to assist employers to engage with our talented students and recent graduates, including:
- Advertise vacancies for casual jobs, vacation and graduate opportunities via CareerHub
- Host internships, projects and placements
- Advice on how best to promote your organisation to specific student groups, via events, workshops and targeted email.
Its all laid out in the Employers essentials publication (PDF, 1045.46 KB).
General enquires can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employing students - placements, internships and projects
UC boasts one of the largest work integrated learning (WIL) programs in Australia. Students work while they learn in every degree and participate in a wide range of work placements, internships and industry projects.
WIL offers employers the opportunity to work with enthusiastic and motivated students who promote new ideas and encourage innovation in the workplace.
Each WIL program has different requirements for students and employers. The basic principles are below and the WIL toolkit provides more details.
- UC acts as the intermediary between the employer and the student, connecting employer need with student skill.
- UC supports students through workplace insurance and pre-placement guidance and mentoring.
- Placements and internships are unpaid if they are part of a course curricula.
- Paid internships or workplace projects can be offered for the student to gain course credit.
If you are thinking of hosting a University of Canberra student for a WIL opportunity and would like to know more about the process and requirements please refer to these guidelines.
Tertiary to Work graduate careers fair
Wednesday 16 March 2022 National Convention Centre Canberra
Tertiary to Work is Canberra's largest graduate careers fair, for students of UC, ANU and ACU, to network and seek graduate and vacation employment opportunities.Employer registration website
Careers workshops and seminars
Be a guest speaker at one of our career workshops and seminars, where we invite you to share your expertise into the recruitment and selection process. Or be our “Employer in Residence” and review resumes, help with interview preparation and guide our students as they transition into their professional career.