Print this page
- UC Website
- About UC
- Media & Communications
- Photography and video consent
Photography and video consent
Consent and Release for use of image, voice, biographical material, and other information
- The University of Canberra (UC) is utilising this event site to collect material for use in publications, advertisements and other promotional material that will be produced by or for UC for the purposes of advertising and marketing the University’s functions and services as a higher education provider to the Australian and global community (the primary purpose).
- By entering this event site, you:
- acknowledge that UC may collect the following information:
(your personal information); and
- your name;
- audio recordings of your voice;
- video recordings that show your image; or
- you consent to the University collecting your personal information for the purpose specified in 1 above.
- In providing your consent, you acknowledge that you understand that:
- Your materials may appear in any media and marketing material which may include but are not limited to print, digital, and/or social media.
- Publications may enable readers to identify you.
- Notwithstanding (H) below, once your personal information has been published in accordance with (C) above it will be accessible to users from all over the world. When this occurs, the University of Canberra has no control over its subsequent use and disclosure. In consenting to the disclosure of your personal information for the primary purpose and as contemplated in this Consent and Release notice, you understand that Territory Privacy Principle 8.1 does not apply.
- Your personal information will be held by UC and disclosed as contemplated in this Consent and Release form for the purpose stated in 1 above for a length of time as determined by UC at its sole discretion.
- The University will not disclose your personal information for any secondary purpose without your consent, or otherwise unless Territory Privacy Principle 6.2 or 6.3 applies.
- You release and discharge UC, its officers and employees from any claims which may arise in connection with the disclosure of your personal information as contemplated in this Consent and Release Form.