The Resilience Project
The University of Canberra is committed to the ongoing development of our alumni communities wellbeing through programs that make a difference. We want you to be the best you can be, both at work and at home.
As part of our 2021 wellbeing program we embraced The Resilience Project, however all good things must come to an end and now we have reached the end of our ten-week journey! We've covered a total of ten wellbeing strategies which we've outlined below as a quick refresher:
- Gratitude: Being thankful for what you have got, as opposed to focusing on what you don’t have, can benefit your mental health and wellbeing.
- Empathy: The ability to understand another person’s thoughts and feelings from their perspective.
- Mindfulness: Paying attention to the present moment, with curiosity and without judgement.
- Emotional Literacy: The ability to feel emotion, recognise and label emotions as you are experiencing them.
- Managing Devices: Being aware of the impact our phone has on our time, relationships and attention is important for our relationships and connection.
- Social connection: Fulfilling our psychological needs to feel loved, validated and a sense of belonging.
- Living With Purpose: Understanding your values, finding things that you are passionate about, learning what you are good at, and building meaning into life.
- Sleep: Sleep impacts our productivity, ability to cope with stress, awareness of our surroundings, and the quality of interactions with people.
- Healthy Eating: A balanced diet impacts both our physical and mental health, helps us to live longer, and live a greater quality of life.
- Exercise: Physical activity boosts our mood and energy levels, gives a sense of accomplishment, and helps with quality of sleep.
Habit building takes time so if you've managed to include just one or two of the wellbeing strategies in your daily life then well done! Be kind to yourself, and remember that this time and energy is an investment, and the more work you put in, the more your mental and physical well-being will benefit.
On behalf of the UC Alumni Team and The Resilience Project, we'd like to say a huge thank you for joining us each week!