Career Coaching Program
The University of Canberra Alumni Career Coaching is a flexible mentoring program being piloted in 2022. New graduates will be matched with more experienced alumni to assist with their transition into the workforce and the program will exist as an ongoing module, with participants able to join at any time and revoke their interest as required.
Program content will be driven by the new graduates and based on what the coaches can offer – this could be networking, industry-specific advice or resume assistance.
Meetings can take place over the phone, in person or using an online meeting tool such as Skype, Zoom or Google Meets. You and your match should agree on the format for your meetings and any correspondence between meetings. There is no required number of meetings that need to happen, and the agenda will be set by the participants.
All participants in the program are expected to:
- Act with professionalism and respect
- Maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Commitment to attend all prearranged meetings, and
- Discuss expectations in the first meeting to ensure everyone is on the same page
Additionally, any alumni who participate in the program will be required to abide by and act in accordance with the following University of Canberra policies:
- Charter of Conduct and Values
- Human Rights and Discrimination Policy
- Respect at Work (Prevention of Bullying) Policy
- Work Health and Safety Policy
Actions contrary to these policies will result in instant dismissal from the program.