Due to the lockdown, there will be delays in providing any hard copy orders.
A testamur is the official academic certificate, signed by the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor, confirming the completion of your award. A testamur is not an academic transcript and does not include details of your results and grade point average.
Each student will receive a testamur free of charge at their graduation ceremony.
A certificate may be purchased to replace a lost or damaged testamur, or if the recipient has changed their name.
Before a replacement certificate can be issued certain conditions must be met.
Hard Copy Testamur
- There is a $150 fee for each replacement testamur picked up at the Student Centre.
If postage is needed, an additional fee will apply as below:
- Tracked domestic post: $20
- Tracked international post: $50
My eQuals digital testamur
- There is a $50 fee for each My eQuals digital certificate. You do not need to complete a Statutory Declaration to obtain a digital version of your graduation certificate.
Please reference your student ID number on your order. If you do not know this, please email Student.Centre@canberra.edu.au
To authorise someone else to pick up your certificate on your behalf, you will need to complete a third party authorisation form and email it to email@example.com with attached copies of photo identification for yourself and your chosen third party.
Lost or destroyed testamurs
- If lost, a statutory declaration must be supplied as supporting evidence. This declaration must include an explanation of the circumstances in which the testamur was lost or destroyed and an undertaking to return the replacement certificate if the original testamur is subsequently found.
Damaged testamurs or name change
- If you are seeking a replacement testamur due to damage or a name change, previous testamurs must be returned the University, either via post or in person. Replacement certificates will only be issued on return of previous testamurs. Registered mail to, or drop off at:
- Replacement certificate
Building 1, Level B
University of Canberra
Bruce ACT 2617
- Replacement certificate
- If damaged, a statutory declaration must be supplied as supporting evidence. This declaration must include an explanation of the circumstances in which the testamur was damaged.
- If your name has changed and you require an updated testamur, complete and submit the change of name form, and include in your application any official documents supporting this name change, e.g. marriage certificate, deed poll confirmation, etc.