Affiliates for the purpose of pay parking are defined as:
- casual and sessional University and College employees;
- employees of the Union;
- adjunct/honorary appointments;
- UC engaged contractors/consultants/auditors;
- tenants (where applicable), including child care operators; and
- other groups, approved to be given affiliate status.
Register as an Affiliate
Please note that to purchase a parking permit, all affiliates must first be registered by their UC sponsor or primary contact. A photo ID will need to be created at Student Central (Building 1) or Student Hub (Building 8, 10:00am-2:00pm weekdays). An ID card is created at this time and will take 24 hours to provision for parking and access to buildings.
Paying for a permit
- When you have registered as an affiliate you will be able to purchase a parking permit using UC's third party payment provider.
Fortnightly recurring permit
$44 per fortnight
- Parking permits are stored on your UC card – present this at the readers on the boom gate entrances for access and again on exit.
- It is not possible to purchase a period shorter than a fortnight. Casual parking tickets are available for shorter periods.
- The purchase of a parking permit provides car park access, however a vacant spot is not guaranteed.
- You will need to purchase a parking permit before 4:30pm to gain access to car parks from the next day.
- Your UC card will open all gated carparks except reserved carparks (located near Building 1 & 27) and tenant carparks (located near Building 29).
- Manage your account via MyUC (including cancelling recurring parking plans).
- Please note that all pricing is GST inclusive.
- Once parking is purchased, please allow up to 60 minutes to receive a receipt via email. If an email is not received confirming your payment after 60 minutes, then you can re-attempt to purchase the parking permit.
- If you have an existing parking permit, you will not be able to purchase a new permit until 24 hours before your current parking is due to expire.
- If you encounter any issues when signing up for a plan, please email ServiceDesk@canberra.edu.au for assistance and provide your Full name, Staff/student ID and phone number so our support staff can assist with the issue.
- Refunds will be considered in line with the Parking Refunds Guidelines & Process.
- Client must apply for a refund by emailing RecurringPayments@canberra.edu.au along with evidence of parking payments – receipts received from UC and/or bank statements showing deductions from their' account. These emails must come from the client's university email address and the client must provide client ID, Full Name and a contact phone number along with a reason for the refund request.