Graduate Certificate in Academic Foundations (GCAF)
The GCAF is a pathway course designed to lead students into Master Degrees at the University of Canberra (UC). This course offers students the opportunity to develop and apply academic literacies and research skills in a postgraduate study environment.
If you successfully complete the Graduate Certificate in Academic Foundations you will qualify for your chosen coursework Master's.
Units of Study
- Managing People
- Introduction to Critical Thinking
- Academic Writing and Research Skills
- Intercultural Academic Communication
- Minimum 50% achieved in all 4 units
- No further English language testing
Graduate Certificate in Academic Foundations (CRICOS: #097614A) is studied over 1 semester (6 months) and is suitable for international students with IELTS 6.0 (with no band score less than 6.0).
The Graduate Certificate in Academic Foundations links to the following University of Canberra Master's Degrees.
Faculty of Arts and Design
- Master of International Development
- Master of Design Strategies
- Master of Creative and Cultural Futures
Faculty of Business, Government and Law
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (Plus)
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of International Business
- Master of Marketing Management
- Master of Professional Accounting
Faculty of Education
- Master of Education Studies
Faculty of Science and Technology
- Master of Business Informatics
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology and Systems
Academic (non English language) requirements
- Completion of a three year post-secondary qualification or equivalent (as approved by the University).
For individual country entry requirements, please email email@example.com.
English language requirements
- IELTS 6.0 overall (with no band score less than 6.0) or equivalent.
Note: If your IELTS score is less than 6.0 you will need to study English before starting this course.
- If you are a prospective student wishing to apply, please apply through UC’s online applicant portal
- Please note the course code and title is EDC201 Graduate Certificate in Academic Foundations
- The Graduate Certificate CRICOS code is #097614A.
|Semester 1||Monday, 18 February||Monday, 25 February||Friday, 22 March||Friday, 31 May|
|Semester 2||Monday, 29 July||Monday, 5 August||Friday, 30 August||Friday, 8 November|
|Semester 1||Monday, 17 February||Monday, 24 February||Friday, 21 March||Friday 30 May|
|Semester 2||Monday, 28 July||Monday, 4 August||Friday, 29 August||Friday, 7 November|