The role of the Council Secretariat is to promote good governance and provide a high level of support to Council and its committees. This includes:
- providing executive support to the Chancellor and Deputy Chancellor;
- providing support to the advisory committees of Council;
- facilitating the induction of new Council members on the advice of the Chancellor;
- considering any relevant legislation and policies relating to agenda items;
- coordinating the production and distribution of Council papers;
- assisting with the agenda setting and consulting over meeting minutes;
- ensuring Council meets its statutory obligations in relation to financial statements, reporting and governance protocols;
- ensuring the Chancellor is briefed in relation to any matters of potential conflict between the Council and the University; and
- obtaining legal advice required by Council and advising it about policy and procedural matters.
Templates are provided to assist with the preparation of agenda items.
For all enquiries, please contact the Council Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Counsel and University Secretary
Phone: 02 6201 8515
Deputy Secretary to Council
Phone: 02 6206 8349
Governance and Policy Coordinator
Phone: 02 6201 5340
Academic Governance Officer
Phone: 02 6206 3958
Phone: 02 6201 2409