New Graduate Certificate in Communication (Engagement)
Community engagement and communication are increasingly being used as complementary approaches in programs across the public and not for profit sectors.
University of Canberra is partnering with the International Association of Public Participation (IAP2) Australasia to offer IAP2 graduates advanced standing for UC's online Graduate Certificate in Communication (Engagement). This unique partnership supports engagement and communication professionals in broadening their understanding of these disciplines.
The IAP2 is the peak body for the community and stakeholder engagement sector, and the only professional association offering a specialised and industry-recognised Certificate in Engagement.
What will you study in the Graduate Certificate in Communication (Engagement)?
Students of the Graduate Certificate in Communication (Engagement) will study core principles of strategic and crisis communication, engagement with diverse communities and digital data analytics and visualisation.
The study mode is online.
Those with the Certificate in Engagement from the IAP2 (Australasia) and with requisite professional experience will also receive Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for the 11935 Community Engagement G unit, leaving only three units to complete.
What you need to do to apply:
Admission into this Graduate Certificate, and granting of RPL, is conditional on the submission and assessment of key documents. We provide the guidance and templates in this section; once you have gathered and completed this documentation, you can apply below.
Please note: the Graduate Certificate in Communication (Engagement) has particular entry requirements and is only available to Australian and New Zealand graduates of the IAP2 Australasia Certificate in Engagement.
- It is embedded as an exit award within the ARC201 Graduate Certificate in Communication.
- You will need to apply for admission in to the ARC201 Graduate Certificate in Communication to gain entry into the Graduate Certificate in Communication (Engagement).
- Students without the IAP2 Certificates, or where IAP2 graduates are not eligible for the credit, can apply to the standard ARC201 Graduate Certificate in Communication.
To apply, please prepare the following documentation, all of which will need to be submitted with your application:
Official Transcripts and Certificates
- IAP2 Certificate in Engagement (as supplied by IAP2)
- Undergraduate qualifications (completed bachelor's degree)
NB: Alternate entry pathways are available to IAP2A graduates without Bachelor's qualifications. Please contact GCCEngage@canberra.edu.au with details of any qualifications held (e.g. Associate Degree, Diploma, Certificate IV or Year 12 Certificate) and your length of relevant work experience to see if you are eligible for alternate entry.
Recognition of Prior Learning Documentation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional Experience Statements of Claim: please download the IAP2 Graduates RPL template, kept in word format for you to write your own submissions against each learning outcome.
Keep all this documentation together to apply for the Graduate Certificate in Communication (Engagement).
Ready to apply? Please follow the domestic student application process here
Got questions? Please contact GCCEngage@canberra.edu.au