How to apply
The University has created an easy-to-use application form to help simplify the freedom of information (FOI) application process.
The University will acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 business days. We may contact you if we require more information.
An access application may be refused under section 43 of the FOI Act if:
- dealing with the application would require an unreasonable and substantial diversion of the University’s resources
- the request is frivolous or vexatious
- the application involves an abuse of process
- the information is already publicly available
- the government information sought is determined to be contrary to the public interest.
A decision on access to the requested information will be provided as soon as reasonably possible and usually within 20 business days from receipt of the request.
This time may be extended by up to 15 days where the University is required to consult with third parties in order to make a decision. Extensions of time can be directly negotiated between the University and the applicant. The University will confirm any extension of time with you in writing.
The University will comply with your reasonable instructions about the form of production and delivery of documents. However, electronic access will minimise costs.