Get in touch to find out all you need to know about studying at UC.
Placement checks and clearances
Placements are a core part of certain courses at UC. If you’re studying in the Faculty of Education or Faculty of Health, you can gain practical experience in a professional setting by completing a work placement – sometimes even as part of your Semester 1 Year 1 program.
Education and clinical placements have unique clearances and requirements that must be completed ahead of time. Most can be done after starting at UC, but you may need to consider some before the start of your first semester.
During enrolment, you’ll be asked to upload PDF copies of your documents to InPlace (UC’s placement management system).
Before you apply for a course, read through the pages below to make sure you can meet all the requirements you need for your placements.
- Students undertaking their placement in a clinical setting (incl. within the ACT Government Health Directorate) must meet these requirements.
- Students undertaking their placement in NSW Health facilities will be required to complete the NSW Health Forms. Please see 'NSW Health Forms' section for details. Students will be advised during their course if they are required to undertake placement with NSW Health. For Nursing students, they should complete NSW Health Code of Conduct Agreement and Undertaking/Declaration Form at the beginning of their course, but complete the TB Assessment Tool after being allocated to a NSW Health facility.
- In addition to completing the required immunisations, Midwifery students must also provide serology results for Hepatitis C and HIV obtained in the last 12 months.
- These Internship Units are available to the following courses: Health Sciences, Human Nutrition, Psychology and Public Health.
- WWVP or equivalent check relevant to the state/territory of their placement
- Mandatory for students who will be attending an ACT Health facility. Otherwise, the online module on the Manual Handling Canvas site is recommended.
- Mandatory if the placement site requires flu vaccination. Note that flu vaccination is mandatory for all NSW Health placements between 1st June and 30th September.
- Currently UC does not require Faculty of Education students to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The University is observing the current ACT Health guidelines for Education students on placements. However, some non-government schools may have alternative arrangements and where this is the case, students will need to comply with them if they are attending placement at these schools.
- Manual handling is required for clinical placements. However, students will be informed by the Clinical Placement Convenor when to complete this.
- Minimum requirements are two Covid – 19 doses and some placement sites may require third dose.
- First Aid/CPR training is required for students attending placement in Early Childhood settings only.
- Anaphylaxis Training is required for students attending placement in Early Childhood and/or NSW settings only.