The University of Canberra is ranked number one in the ACT for graduate employment.
Careers UC offers a centralised service to assist employers to engage with our talented students and recent graduates, including:
- Advertise vacancies for casual jobs, vacation and graduate opportunities via CareerHub
- Host internships, projects and placements
- Advice on how best to promote your organisation to specific student groups, via events, workshops and targeted email.
Its all laid out in the Employers essentials publication (PDF, 1045.46 KB).
General enquires can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work integrated learning - placements, internships and projects
UC boasts one of the largest work integrated learning (WIL) programs in Australia. Students work while they learn in every degree and participate in a wide range of work placements, internships and industry projects.
WIL offers employers the opportunity to work with enthusiastic and motivated students who promote new ideas and encourage innovation in the workplace.
Each WIL program has different requirements for students and employers. The basic principles are below and the WIL toolkit provides more details.
- UC acts as the intermediary between the employer and the student, connecting employer need with student skill.
- UC supports students through workplace insurance and pre-placement guidance and mentoring.
- Placements and internships are unpaid if they are part of a course curricula.
- Paid internships or workplace projects can be offered for the student to gain course credit.
Tertiary to Work graduate careers fair
Up Close and Virtual
Tuesday 2 March 2021
Tertiary to Work is Canberra's largest graduate careers fair, for students of UC, ANU and ACU, to network and seek graduate and vacation employment opportunities. In 2021, this will be a virtual event.Employer registration website
Employer Connect careers fair
Employer Connect is the university’s on campus fair, showcasing a wide range of opportunities to students, including: Casual jobs, Internships, Volunteering and Graduate roles. In 2021, this event is scheduled for semester 2. Please contact Careers UC for more information on this event.Email email@example.com
Careers workshops and seminars
Be a guest speaker at one of our career workshops and seminars, where we invite you to share your expertise into the recruitment and selection process. Or be our “Employer in Residence” and review resumes, help with interview preparation and guide our students as they transition into their professional career.