Applies the knowledge gained from assessing local health care services using the ESMS/DESDE system and the integrated atlases of mental health care, to other target populations and countries.
Generates local health system metadata sets based on published local atlases of health care and regional directories of health care around the world.
Incorporates these metadata sets into a metadata repository to enable international comparisons of health systems' characteristics and services.
Uses this knowledge base for evidence-informed policy and planning - including national and international comparisons, benchmarking, and technical efficiency analysis.
Atlases of health and social care
Integrated atlases provide vital information for integrated care planning. They include data on service availability and capacity across all sectors of care in a health jurisdiction, as well as the social and demographic characteristics and health-related needs of the region, to provide an analysis of the local pattern of mental health care delivery and opportunity for regional and longitudinal comparison.
Click the button below to see our reports and publications.
GLOCAL academic partners include:
- PSICOST — A/Prof Cristina Romero
- Universidad Loyola — Prof Carlos Garcia-Alonso, Dr JA Salinas, Dr MR Gutierrez-Colosia, Dr N Almeda.
- INSERM Uni Paris 7 — Prof Karine Chevreul
- University College London — Prof Helen Killaspy, Prof Sonia Johnson
- ConNetica — Adj Prof John Mendoza, Marion Wands
- The University of Sydney - Menzies Centre for Health Policy and Economics — A/Prof James Gillespie, Dr Carmen Huckel Schneider
- University of Canberra — Prof Mark Daniel (Health Research Institute), A/Prof Tom Chen (Canberra Business School)
- Swinburne University of Technology — Prof Jane Farmer (Social Innovation Research Institute), A/Prof Amir Aryani (SoDA Lab)
- University of Cadiz (Spain) — Prof Juan Luis Gonzalez-Caballero, Dr Javier Alvarez, Prof Jose Almenara-Barrios, Dr Carolina Lagares
- Universitat Politecnica Catalunya — Prof Karina Gibert
- Universidade NOVA de Lisboa — Prof JM Caldas de Almeida, Prof Graca Cardoso
- Universidad de CHILE — Dr Olga Toro
- Escuela Nacional de Salud Publica Mexico — Dr Eduardo Lazcano
- Maastricht University - Department of Health Services Research — Prof Silvia Evers, Prof Aggie Paulus, Dr Ruben Drost, Ms Irina Pokhilenko, Ms Luca Janssen
- University of Vienna (University of Wien) — Prof Judit Simon
GLOCAL is helping organisations around the world to better understand service patterns and usage within their local jurisdictions.
Our partners and clients include:
ACT Mental Health Community Care
Australian Government Department of Health
Capital Health Network
Central Eastern Sydney Primary Health Network
North Sydney Primary Health Network
NSW Mental Health Commission
Queensland Mental Health Commission
South Western Sydney Primary Health Network
Sydney Local Health District
WentWest - Western Sydney Primary Health Network
Western Australia Primary Health Alliance
Department of Health, Bizkaia, Basque Country
Department of Health, Gipuzkoa, Basque Country
Department of Health, Government of Catalonia
Junta de Andalucía
Ministry of Health
World Health Organisation
An award-winning project
|2019||Malaspina Award 2019||Universidad Loyola Andalucia (Spain)|
|2019||ACT Mental Health Month Award for Research, Evaluation and Quality Improvement (MHCC & ACT Govt.)||ANU Centre for Mental Health Research|
|2019||Grace Groom||MaryAnne Fust (ANU)|
|2006||National CHHI-Ramon Areces Award (Fundacion del Colegio de Huerfanos de Hacienda (CHHI) y Fundacion Ramon Areces. Spain)||PSICOST DESDE Project|
|1998||II IMSERSO National Research Award (National Institute on Ageing and Disabilities (IMSERSO) Spain)||PSICOST(Costs of social & health care for Schizophrenia in Spain)|
|ACT Government Health Improvement||ANU Centre for Mental Health Research|
|APA||Nerea Almeda (ANU & Loyola)|
University of Canberra Health Research Institute
11 Kirianri Street
Bruce ACT 2601
+61 (02) 6206 8312