Sport and Exercise Science
Develop a broad understanding of sport and exercise science, explore the complexity of human movement, and develop strategies to assist athletes in reaching their full potential by studying one of our many exciting degrees in Sport and Exercise Science at UC.
Explore a range of topics and their applications:
- Consider exercise physiology and rehabilitation to help those who are injured or physically impaired get their lives back on track.
- Study Sport and Exercise Science and Human Movement degrees to teach the role and benefits of exercise and physical activity to the sporting and broader community, and much more.
- Explore sport management with a breadth major – follow a journey from grass roots community levels through to high performance sport management.
- Discover sports analytics to analyse and interpret sporting data and communicate your findings to a range of audiences
- Delve into studying strength and conditioning and work towards enhancing current and future athletes sporting potential.
To help your learning you will gain access to world-class sporting, fitness and research facilities. With a range of practical placements to capstone your education, you’ll graduate in-demand with real-world industry experience.
Earn professional recognition from accreditation bodies like Exercise and Sport Science Australia (ESSA) and Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA).
Study sport and exercise science to work in a variety of roles and settings.
- Exercise physiologist
- Sport development officer
- Sports analyst
- Performance analyst
- Physical training specialist
- Fitness instructor
- Rehabilitation counsellor
- Sports director
- Competition Manager
- Sport Scientist
- Exercise Scientist
- Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Sport Studies (Honours)
- Graduate Certificate in Human Movement Science
- Graduate Certificate in Sports Analytics
- Master of Strength and Conditioning
- Graduate certificate in strength and conditioning
Find out more about health courses.
|Dr Julie Cooke||Associate Professor, Head of School Rehabilitation and Exercise Sciences|
|Prof Nick Ball||Professor|
|Asst Prof Celeste Coltman||Associate Professor|
|Ms Angela Douglas||Lecturer|
|Dr Alexander Engel||Lecturer|
|Assoc Prof Naroa Etxebarria||Associate Professor|
|Adrian Faccioni||Senior Lecturer|
|Assoc Prof Richard Keegan||Professor|
|Ms Erin Kelly||Associate Lecturer|
|Asst Prof Jocelyn Mara||Assistant Professor|
|Asst Prof Kristy Martin||Assistant Professor|
|Mr Billy Mason||Lecturer|
|Assoc Prof Andrew McKune||Professor|
|Asst Prof Joe Northey||Assistant Professor|
|Asst Prof Catherine Ordway||Associate Professor|
|Assoc Prof Kate Pumpa||Discipline Lead, Associate Professor|
|Prof Ben Rattray||Professor|
|Prof Stuart Semple||Professor|
|Mr Stirling Sharpe||Associate Lecturer|
|Assoc Prof Wayne Spratford||Associate Professor|
|Dr Kellie Toohey||Associate Professor|