Peng, Asst. Prof. Fanke
Assistant Professor, Graphic Design
Faculty of Arts & Design
Bldg, Floor & Room: 7A, C37
Telephone: (02) 6201 2260
Facsimile: (02) 6201 5999
Dr. Fanke Peng is an experienced and highly motivated interactive media designer and researcher. She originally trained as a Fashion Designer and Interactive Media designer. She holds a PhD in Interaction Design and Visual Communication from the University of Dundee, UK (awarded on 2nd June 2010). She was a research fellow at the University of the Arts London and has previously held the position of Programme Leader of the visual communication discipline at University of the Highlands and Islands in the UK.
She has been heavily involved in extensive research projects in the UK, including Technology Strategy Board (TSB) projects: Monetising Fashion Metadata and Fashioning Metadata Production Tools, Engineering and Physical Science Research Council (EPSRC) project: Research in the Wild, and an Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) mainly funded cross-disciplinary research team Past Present and Future Craft Practice.
Areas of Teaching
- Visual Communication
- Design Strategy
- Digital Media
- Visual thinking
- Visual analysis
- User experience design
- PhD, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Arts and Design, University of Dundee
- Master of Design, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, University of Dundee
- BA(hons), Donghua University
Books and Chapters
- Peng, F. (2010) 'Visual Thinking - beyond Traquair's Craft Making', Past, Present and Future Craft Practice, University of Dundee & National Museum of Scotland, ISBN 978-1-905267-50-7, pp. 84-97, UK
- An, N. and Peng, F (2013), Discussion on the application of 3D printing technology in women's corset production, Journal of Textile Research, Chinese Textile Engineering Society, ISSN: 0253-9721
- Peng, F. Delamore, P. & Sweeney, D. (2013) Digital Innovation in Fashion - How to 'Capture' the User Experience in 3D Body Scanning, International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management (IJIEM), University of Novi Sad, Vol.3 No 4, 2012, pp. 233-240
- 2013 presentation of paper at the 1st International conference on Digital Technologies for the Textile Industries, Manchester / Peng, F. Delamore, P. and Al-Sayegh, M (2013) 'Developing a So-Lo-Mo Application for Fashion Retail', UK.
- 2013 presentation of the paper at the 1st International Digital Fashion Conference, London / Peng, F. Delamore, P. and Al-Sayegh, M (2013) 'Experiencing Innovation for Monetising Fashion Metadata', pp. 19-29, UK.
- 2013 presentation of the paper at the 1st International Digital Fashion Conference, London / Peng, F. & Hill, P. (2013) 'Organic Fashion - from Organic form to Digitally Manmade Pattern' pp. 97-105, UK.
- 2012 3D Body Scanner APPs for Fashion has been accepted to proceed to the next stage of uploading the full paper for the 5th International Conference on Mass Customization and Personalization in Central Europe (MCP - CE 2012), ISBN 978-86-7892-432-3, pp. 180-187, Serbia.
- 2009 presentation of paper at D2B2 - Tsinghua International Design Management Symposium, Beijing / Peng, F. & Baxter, S. (2009) 'The application of a visual analysis model to enhance cross-cultural dialogue, design and development', ISBN 978-0-9552338-2- 1, pp. 196-203, China
- 2008 presentation of the paper at the 4th Annual Design Ed Asia Conference, Hong Kong, China / Peng, F. and Baxter, S. (2009) 'Inspiration through Visual Modeling: a Cross Cultural Study of the Work of Phoebe Anna Traquair', ISBN 978-988-17489-6-6, pp. 1-19, China
- 2008 presentation of paper at Crafticulation and Education International Conference, Helsinki, Finland / Peng, F., Follett, G., Valentine, L., & Baxter, S. (2008) 'The Craft of Visual Analysis', Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-952-10-5578-2, pp. 128-137, Finland
Visual Exhibits and Awards
- 2010, selected to present 'Visually Analysing the Weapon of Peace' (interactive media) in the Future Craft Research Exposition, and the work was published at Past, Present and Future Craft Practice, ISBN 1899837620, pp. 53-57, Dundee, UK
- 2006, selected to present 'Visual Thinking in the Progress of a Soul' at Hyper Design Exhibition, Shanghai Biennale, and the work was published in Hyper Design (2006), Shanghai: Tongji University Press, ISBN - 7560823351, pp. 133, China
- January 2014 - Co-Investigator, Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) project: E-Size. Collaborative partners include University of the Arts London and Change of Paradigm, UK.
Content goes here.
- Link 1
- Link 2
- Link 3
Content goes here.