Gudur, Asst. Prof. Raghavendra
Assistant Professor, Graphic Design
Faculty of Arts & Design
Bldg, Floor & Room: 7, C39
Telephone: (02) 6201 2318
Facsimile: (02) 6201 5999
Dr. Gudur Raghavendra Reddy (Raghu) holds a PhD in Interaction Design from the Queensland University of Technology. His research focus is on making contemporary technological products more accessible for older people. He also holds a Master of Design in Visual Communication from the Indian Institute of Technology and a Diploma in Fine Arts from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University.
Before starting his PhD, for eight years, Raghu taught User-experience design, Physical interaction design, visual communication, new media content development and design project management modules at Communications and New Media department, National University of Singapore. Raghu took to teaching after extensive industry and research work experience in interactive multimedia, online distributed virtual environment games, 3-D modelling, animation, information design, publication design and video production & post-production. He is also a fine arts photographer, working exclusively with black and white techniques.
Areas of Teaching
- User interface design
- Design for experience
- Visual communication
- Tangible interface design
- Design thinking
- Designing for diversity/Inclusive design methodologies
- Design methodologies for intuitive interaction
- Cognitive aspects of ageing, older users and interface design
- Design pedagogy
- PhD in Interaction Design, Queensland University of Technology
- Master of Design in Visual Communication, Indian Institute of Technology
- Diploma in Fine Arts, Major in Graphic Design, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
- Reddy, G. R., Blackler, A., Popovic, V., & Mahar, D., Intuitive use of complex interface structure, anxiety and older users, in Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), IFIP and Springer
Refereed conference proceedings:
- Reddy, G. R., Blackler, A., Popovic, V., & Mahar, D. (2013) Designing for older adults: adaptable interface as an approach to address diversity in older users' capabilities, Proceedings of the 5th IASDR 2013 "Consilience and Innovation in Design", Tokyo, Japan.
- Blackler, A., Popovic, V., Mahar, D., Reddy, G. R., Lawry, S. (2012). Facilitating Intuitive interaction and complex interfaces for older people. Design Research Society (DRS) International Conference 2012 "Re:Search", Bangkok, Thailand.
- Reddy, G. R. Blackler, A., Popovic, V., & Mahar, D. (2011). Ageing and use of complex product interfaces, Proceedings of the IASDR 2011 Diversity and unity, TUDelft , Netherlands
- Blackler, A., Popovic, V., Mahar, D., Lawry, S., Reddy, G. R. Kraal, B., & Chamorro-Koc, M. (2011). Researching intuitive interaction Proceedings of the IASDR 2011 Diversity and unity, TUDelft, Netherlands.
- Reddy, G. R. Blackler, A., Popovic, V., & Mahar, D. (2010). The effects of cognitive ageing on use of complex interfaces, Proceedings of the OzCHI, Brisbane, Australia, pp. 180-183.
- Reddy, G. R. Blackler, A., Popovic, V., & Mahar, D. (2009). Redundancy in interface design and its impact on intuitive use of a product in older users, Proceedings of the IASDR 2009: Rigor and relevance, Seoul, Korea, pp. 209.
- Reddy, G. R. (2007). Managing students' motivation and performance, Proceedings of the International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education EPDE07, Newcastle, United Kingdom, pp. 247-252.
- Reddy, G. R. (2006). Assessing Quality of Student Learning In Design, Proceedings of the International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education EDPE 06, Salzburg, Austria, pp. 51 - 56.
- Reddy, G. R. (2005). Academic workload and design learning outcome, Proceedings of the 3rd Engineering & Product Design Education International Conference, Edinburgh, Scotland, pp. 181 -188.
- Reddy, G. R. (2005). Assignments Workload and Design Learning Outcome, Proceedings of the Design education: tradition and modernity, NID, Ahmedabad, India, pp. 84 - 93.
- Reddy, G. R. (2004). Challenges in teaching a design foundation course to non-design students, Proceedings of the 2nd Engineering & Product Design Education International Conference, TUDelft, Netherlands, pp. 679-686.
- Reddy, G. R., Blackler, A., Popovic, V., & Mahar, D. (under review). Effects of redundancy in user-interface design on older users and users with low domain specific prior knowledge, Applied Ergonomics\
- Reddy, G. R., Blackler, A., Popovic, V., & Mahar, D. (under review). Age related cognitive decline: Role of central executive function on use of product interfaces in older adults, Human–Computer Interaction. (2010 Impact Factor: 4.0)
- Reddy, G. R., Blackler, A., Popovic, V., & Mahar, D. (in preparation). Intuitive use of complex interface structure, anxiety and older users, In preparation, Applied Ergonomics.
- Reddy, G. R., Blackler, A., Popovic, V., & Mahar, D. (in preparation). Designing for older adults: adaptable interface as an approach to address diversity in older users’ capabilities, In preparation, Design Studies.
Workshops and panel presentations:
- SmartHealth Workshop OzCHI 2010
- OzCHI 2010 panel on HCI and Ageing: challenges of developing appropriate research methods with seniors.
Other creative work:
- CNM Students’ photography exhibition (2007): NM3223 Students’ photography exhibition – Curator
- Shelalu Shilpalu (Year: 2005): Black and white photography exhibition at Isan gallery, Singapore. Collection of silver gelatine prints capturing unique landscape of Deccan plateau of India, home to spectacular natural granite rock formations (formed at least 2500 million years back), and magnificent manmade granite structures. – Artist and Curator
- Book Illustrations for “Designing Usable Web Interfaces”, Prentice Hall (Year: 2002-03)
- Write-up scholarship (Year: 2012) Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- IFIP TC 13 Accessibility Award in recognition to the most outstanding contribution on ageing, disability and inclusive design (Year: 2013).
- Thesis nominated for ACM award (Year: 2012) PhD thesis was nominated for ACM thesis award by School of Design, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- Reviewers choice award (Year: 2011) IASDR 2011 Diversity and Unity, TUDelft, Netherlands.
- Best paper award (Year: 2008) Diversity and Innovation Design Theme, Postgraduate Student Conference. Faculty of Built Environment and Engineering, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia.
Content goes here.
- Link 1
- Link 2
- Link 3
Content goes here.