Service Industry Project Scheme (7144.6)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Management||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate that they have acquired level of skill in liaison, research, analysis and written communication;
2. Demonstrate high level skills acquired during the course of the tourism program;
3. Demonstrate successful liaison and consultation with the tourism industry; and
4. Develop and bring to fruition a high quality report incorporating research and analytical skills.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
PrerequisitesCompletion of 24cp including one of the following: 6588 Introduction to Tourism OR 9470 Introduction to Events and Tourism OR 8729 Global Tourism Issues.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
There is no specific text book for this unit. Students will need to identify books, journals and websites that are relevant to their individual project.
Submission of assessment items
Special assessment requirements
All assessment items must be attempted in order to be eligible to pass this unit.
Extensions must be requested and confirmed BEFORE assessment items are due.
Participation in feedback sessions are required for some assessment items (week 5).
Required IT skills
Basic IT skills are required for this unit in order to access the online learning (UCLearn) and to participate in online assessment tasks.
Work placement, internships or practicums
There are no Work Integrated Learning requirements for this unit, however you will be expected to spend time with a tourism or service provider in order to meet the liaison learning outcome.
Tourism and Event units use the Harvard referencing and citation style. An abridged guide to this system is at http://www.canberra.edu.au/studyskills/writing/sources
Training in research skills is also available at the Library. Details on this program are available at http://www.canberra.edu.au/library/research-gateway/research-skills-training
The University's Academic Skills Program may also be of use. Details are available at http://www.canberra.edu.au/studyskills
Where required, further details of items mentioned in this unit outline will be supplied via the UC Learn site for this unit.
Notices given in class or via UC Learn will be deemed to be given to the whole class.
Your learning in this unit is supported by UC Learn. Your use of Moodle can be monitored and reported to the unit convenor.
Student use of the unit UC Learn site will not be continuously monitored. Breaches of University policy in relation to posting or sending offensive material will be reported.
Where provided, students may communicate with other students via a UC Learn resource set up for the unit for reasonable purposes related to enrolment in this unit only.
- Semester 2, 2018, On-Campus, UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's (179428)
- Semester 2, 2018, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (179427)
- Semester 2, 2018, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (179429)
- Semester 2, 2017, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (167264)
- Semester 2, 2017, On-Campus, UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's (174647)
- Semester 2, 2017, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (174086)
- Winter Term, 2017, Research, UC - Canberra, Bruce (173745)
- Semester 2, 2016, Online, UC - Canberra, Bruce (150649)
- Semester 2, 2016, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (150648)
- Term 4, 2015, On-Campus, UCI - Lingnan Institute for Further Education, Hong Kong (147068)
- Semester 2, 2015, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (140971)
- Semester 1, 2015, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (145882)