Emerging Production Technologies (11839.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify, evaluate and discuss the heritage and significance of an emerging digital media technology, tool, process or principle;
2. Independently research and assimilate information from a range of sources to develop a practical understanding of the application of a digital media technology, tool, process or principle; and
3. Apply collected knowledge and skills in the production of a rapidly developed proof of concept demonstration of the researched technology.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
PrerequisitesStudents enrolled in ARB003 Bachelor of Arts (Digital Media) must have passed 11131 Space, Time and Form OR 11838 3D Media Art Production
Students enrolled in ARB202 Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design) must have passed 11054 Human Factors for Interaction Design, 11055 Programming for Design, 11056 Front-end Web Design and 11836 Digital Media Art 2: Image Production OR 11059 Tangible and Embodied Interaction Design.
Equivalent units11135 Real Time Environments
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Sam Hinton|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Joel Bennett|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Dr Sam Hinton|
|2023||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Dr Joel Bennett|
There are no set texts for this unit but you will be required to develop your own reading list as part of the unit.
Students should endeavour to maintain at least 80% attendance for all lectures and tutorials, whether they are virtual or face-to-face. Attendance below 80% may adversely affect your ability to complete the unit at a satisfactory level.
Students who attend campus for class or other purposes must play their part in keeping our campus and community safe by following these basic guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
- Practise good hand hygiene, washing hands regularly;
- If you do happen to cough or sneeze, please do so into the crook of your elbow, dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands immediately
- Practise effective physical distancing;
- Follow all directions of teaching and other UC staff regarding safety measures;
- Stay off campus if you are unwell and get tested according to QLD Government guidelines, and
- Follow University communications about campus arrangements https://www.canberra.edu.au/coronavirus-advice
Required IT skills
Students require advanced discipline skills in their chosen field. These disciplines could include but are not limited to: game development, visual communication, and/or digital media.
Work placement, internships or practicums