Digital Media Art 2: Image Production (11836.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and apply the technical principles of digital images;
2. Historicise key developments and trajectories of digital image technologies;
3. Identify key technologies and develop strategies for self-directed training and skills development; and
4. Analyse the (role or) impact of digital images within cultural and disciplinary contexts.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
Equivalent units11013 Pixels and Polygons
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Mr Greg Chandler|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Sam Hinton|
|2023||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Mr Greg Chandler|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Dr Sam Hinton|
Students should endeavour to maintain at least 80% attendance for all lectures and tutorials, whether they are virtual or face-to-face. Attendance below 80% may adversely affect your ability to complete the unit at a satisfactory level.
Please keep in mind that although we are back on campus, COVID is an ever-present concern. Even if you have previously had COVID, new variants are constantly popping up and you can easily get COVID again. Please continue to sanitise your hands and workstations when you come into classes, and follow university mask requirements, nothing that these may differ from ACT government guidelines.
Required IT skills
Students require general computing skills in applications such as word, PowerPoint, and basic internet search capability.
Work placement, internships or practicums