Professional Practice (Internships B) (11832.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| Bruce, Canberra
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Enrolment in this unit is subject to entry requirements. Please direct enquiries and unit registration forms to FADInternships@canberra.edu.au
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Reflect on and evaluate the standards of performance and practice expected in the workplace and the profession, and how professional skills and knowledge align with these expectations;
2. Analyse the role and application of theoretical ideas and knowledge in professional contexts;
3. Solve problems and make appropriate and ethical decisions in the workplace using information, professional and disciplinary knowledge and consideration of different perspectives; and
4. Acquire, articulate and apply a range of transferable employability skills.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
PrerequisitesMust be enrolled in Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Communication and Media, Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Creative Industries or Bachelor of Digital Design programs or Bachelor of Building and Construction Management or Bachelor of Landscape Design courses.
Students must have passed 24 credits points in the course AND one of the following units:
10333 Professional Orientation: Arts OR
10334 Professional Orientation: Built Environment OR
10335 Professional Orientation: Communication and Media OR
10336 Professional Orientation: Design OR
11591 Professional Orientation (Creative Industries and Digital Design)
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Mr Ian McHugh|
|2023||Bruce, Canberra||Winter Term||30 May 2023||On-Campus||Ms Jessica Schumann|
|2024||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 1||05 February 2024||On-Campus||Mr Ian McHugh|
|2024||Bruce, Canberra||Winter Term||27 May 2024||On-Campus||Ms Jessica Schumann|
All materials will be available on Canvas
Approximately 100 hours of the notional workload for this unit will consist of students' internship placements.
Students are expected to be reliable and punctual in completing their internship hours, in accordance with the work schedule agreed with their host employer and approved by FAD
Required IT skills
Varied, depending on the requirements of the student's internship placement
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit involves work integrated learning: Placement or Internship / WIL Project. Students must adhere to University policy during WIL activities, including the Student Conduct Rules 2018, the WIL Policy and WIL Procedure, and the Assessment Policy and Assessment Procedure.
This unit has pre-placement requirements (e.g. Working with Vulnerable People registration, immunisation/s). You must complete Pre-Place: Preparation for Work Integrated Learning prior to commencement of your Placement or Internship. You can self-enrol in this module through the UC Learn site here.
You are also required to complete details in InPlace, refer to inplace.canberra.edu.au. If you have any queries related to InPlace please contact FADinternships@canberra.edu.au.
Contact your unit convener if you have any concerns with meeting the requirements of this unit.