International Internship (11504.1)
|Available teaching periods
|View teaching periods
| Bruce, Canberra
|Faculty Of Arts And Design
|School Of Arts And Communications
|Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit
| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the application of theory into practice in diverse cultural settings;
2. Develop, through experiential learning, cross-cultural competence;
3. Apply disciplinary skills and knowledge in real-world contexts and critically analyse this process; and
4. Critically reflect on the experience of applying disciplinary knowledge in a workplace in cross-cultural contexts.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
PrerequisitesStudents need to have completed at least 36 credit points of study prior to undertaking this unit, including the core units of their specialisation.
Permission is required from the Unit Convener to enrol.
Equivalent units10115 Industry and Community Engagement and 7555 Special Studies in Communication
Assumed knowledgeStudents need to have a basic knowledge of their discipline (skills and theoretical understanding) prior to undertaking this unit.
|Teaching start date
|27 November 2023
|Mr Shaun Cheah
All materials will be available on Canvas
Approximately 200 hours of the notional workload for this unit will consist of students' internship placements.
Students are expected to be reliable and punctual in completing their internship hours, in accordance with the work schedule agreed with their host employer and approved by FAD
Required IT skills
Varied, depending on the requirements of the student's internship placement
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit involves work integrated learning: Placement or Internship. Students must adhere to University policy during WIL activities, including the Student Conduct Rules 2018, the WIL Policy and WIL Procedure, and the Assessment Policy and Assessment Procedure.
This unit has pre-placement requirements (e.g. Working with Vulnerable People registration, immunisation/s). You must complete Pre-Place: Preparation for Work Integrated Learning prior to commencement of your Placement or Internship. You can self-enrol in this module through the UC Learn site here.
You are also required to complete details in InPlace, refer to inplace.canberra.edu.au. If you have any queries related to InPlace please contact FADinternships@canberra.edu.au
Contact your unit convener if you have any concerns with meeting the requirements of this unit.