Pixels and Polygons (11013.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and apply the technical principles of digital images;
2. Historicise key developments and trajectories of digital image technologies;
3. Identify key technologies and develop strategies for self-directed training and skills development; and
4. Analyse the (role or) impact of digital images within cultural and disciplinary contexts.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
- Straubhaar, J., LaRose, R., & Davenport, L. (2015). Media Now: Understanding Media, Culture, and Technology. Cengage Learning.
Students should endeavour to maintain at least 80% attendance for all lectures and tutorials, whether they are virtual or face-to-face. Attendance below 80% may adversely affect your ability to complete the unit at a satisfactory level.
Students who attend campus for class or other purposes must play their part in keeping our campus and community safe by following these basic guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
- Practise good hand hygiene, washing hands regularly;
- If you do happen to cough or sneeze, please do so into the crook of your elbow, dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands immediately
- Practise effective physical distancing;
- Follow all directions of teaching and other UC staff regarding safety measures;
- Stay off campus if you are unwell and get tested according to QLD Government guidelines, and
- Follow University communications about campus arrangements https://www.canberra.edu.au/coronavirus-advice
Required IT skills
Students require general computing skills in applications such as word, PowerPoint, and basic internet search capability.
Work placement, internships or practicums