Want to Volunteer?
Yeddung Gauar (Good Heart) is a women's Cardiac Rehabilitation Program. It's an exciting new group program for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander women who have had a heart attack, have heart disease, or are at risk of having heart disease.
The aim O Yeddung Gauar is to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their families to take care of their hearts by providing:
- 30 minute group education and discussion on how the heart works, managing your heart symptoms and reducing your risk
- 60 minutes individually tailored group exercise led by Physiotherapists and Exercise Physiotherapists
- Support form an Indigenous Health Worker
- A healthy and social environment to help you live your healthiest life
- Family members are welcome!
Wednesdays, starting 6th June 2018, 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Health Hub (Building 28), University of Canberra
Corner of Ginninderra Drive and Allawoona Street
Bruce ACT 2617
Transport is available through the Aboriginal Community Bus: https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1906/kw/aboriginal
Who Do I Contact?
To enrol or for general enquiries please contact:
Alicia Jackson on 0404 450 934 or at email@example.com
Hayley Hoolihan (Aboriginal Liaison Officer) on 0404 245 895