Support for international students
Student Wellbeing and Support provides individualised and targeted support, guidance and information to all students, to ensure that their journey at UC is the best possible experience.
Our team is comprised of specialised support staff including Wellbeing & International Student Advisors.
Our international support staff provide targeted and specialised support to all UC international students with regards to any changes to their study visa enquiries and processes and provide advice and guidance in alignment with the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Framework to ensure that students are appropriately supported to succeed at UC.
We are here to support students with:
- Settling into life at UC & Canberra
- Programs that aim to enhance their study experience, health & wellbeing
- Understanding their student visa requirements & what is expected of them
- Tailored support for Australia Awards students
- Under-18 student welfare & accommodation needs
- Connections to other key services at UC and within the community
Contact us - InternationalStudent@canberra.edu.au
From 1st July 2023, all student visa holders are required to be onshore in Australia to undertake their study. For more information about this, please see this link.
Prepare to Arrive
- New international student checklist
- Getting ready for Uni & Orientation
- Arriving late?
Settling in Australia
- Safety & emergencies
- Culture shock & life in Canberra
- Working while studying
- Legal advice
- School aged dependants
Managing your studies at UC
- CoE extension
- Leave from study – Intermission
- Study Load Variation
- Changing course or provider?