Print this page

ID Cards and Transport Concession

Current students

Regardless of Location and Mode of Study, students completing University of Canberra coursework are eligible to receive a University of Canberra ID card.

Student ID cards are required to attend exams, borrow from the UC library, to exercise reciprocal rights at participating tertiary institutions, as well as access facilities requiring swipe-card access at UC-Bruce Campus.

To receive an ID Card:

  • Your first Student ID Card will be issued to you free of charge.
  • If you lose or damage your ID card, there is a $15 replacement cost to be issued with a new one. Pay for your replacement card online.
  • To obtain your ID card, you will need to upload a photo through the Capture ME portal, which you can access through your MyUC account under the 'Student ID Card’ section. You must also be enrolled before collecting your ID card.
  • The photo must be a recent photo of you in a suitable format, and appropriate style (passport style photo). You will be notified by email when your photo is approved and to collect your ID card. You will be notified if you are required to submit a new photo.

Please note that you will need to present a valid passport, an Australian or international driver's licence or proof of age card as proof of identification.

Students completing coursework via a partner institution or online should follow the same process and select ‘online’ (or the applicable partner location) as the campus location. Once your Photo has been approved, you will receive an email requesting to provide a copy of your official photographic identification. Your driver's licence, passport or proof of age card are acceptable forms of identification. Once your identification has been verified your ID card will be sent via regular post.

Transport concession

Transport concession conditions differ depending on your residential location. Check your eligibility for each state/territory and follow the process for your location on the following pages.





Eligibility - Full time enrolment status is calculated by Equivalent Full Time Study Load (EFTSL) per semester.  You must be enrolled in a minimum of 18 credit points for the year to be considered full-time. You can check your Confirmation of Enrolment (My UC > Enrolments and Timetable > Confirmation of Enrolment) to see your enrolment status.