Study overseas as an exchange student with one of UC’s partner universities
Where can I go?
Explore the world with our connections! UC student exchange programs allow you to do a semester-long or year-long exchange placement at one of our partner universities around the world.
What's more, you can complete the exchange without changing your status as a UC student or lengthening the time it takes to complete your degree.
You won't even need to change the way you pay your tuition fees, meaning you'll get the benefits of studying overseas without having to pay any hefty international course charges.
Student exchanges are open to you if you are currently enrolled at UC and you:
- have completed a full year of study (24 credit points) with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.5 or above
- can demonstrate the skills to manage a new and challenging academic and social environment.
Before you apply, make sure that your chosen university offers subjects related to your degree during the semester you intend to spend overseas.
What we’re looking for
You’ll be selected to participate in a student exchange on the quality of your application and academic results.
Some of the things we’re looking for are:
- a solid Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.5 and above
- maturity, self-awareness and a sense of responsibility
- an enthusiasm for being outside of your comfort zone
- your ability to adapt to a new country and culture
- willingness and capability to attend all the scheduled pre-departure meetings
As an exchange student, you’ll pay your usual UC tuition fees and continue to have access to HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP while you're studying at one of our partner universities. You'll need to cover your travel and living costs but there may be scholarships, grants and loans that can help you with these.
Free travel insurance
You'll also receive travel insurance coverage under the university's corporate travel insurance policy and have access to International SOS 24/7 assistance while overseas.