Student visa conditions (visa condition 8516) require international students to continue to have sufficient financial capacity to support their study and stay in Australia.
In limited circumstances, the University of Canberra (UC) and University of Canberra College (UCC) may offer an option for an international student to finalise their tuition fees by instalments through an approved payment plan. This option is only available on a short-term basis (for 1 or 2 teaching periods only).
- Applications for payment plans are only available to UC and UCC students who are on an international student visa;
- International students who are in genuine need of short-term financial support;
- International students who have a good payment record with UC and UCC.
- A statement of reasons giving a full explanation of the financial issue;
- Evidence of the circumstance that necessitates the application for a payment plan. This could include, but are not limited to:
- Medical certificates indicating an illness or death of the sponsoring family member
- An Affidavit from both parents in the case of parental separation;
- Official notice where there has been a payment transaction delay by the bank or money transferring agency;
- In the case of a natural disaster or civil unrest, evidence of the family's residential address in the affected area;
- Any other certified documentation that can verify your reasons.
- International students can access the payment plan application form through their MyUC account, located within the Fees & Payment tab;
- Payment plan applications must be received by the Friday, 4 August 2017 for the current teaching period. All students will receive an outcome within 5 working days.
Enquiries related to the Payment Plan should be directed as follows:
Enquiries related to payment plans should be directed to UCC reception.
Office hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Location: Building 5, Level B
Telephone: +61 2 6201 2961 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries related to payment plans should be directed to the University of Canberra Student Centre (UCSC). The UCSC is the 'one-stop-shop' for all students' general administrative needs.
Office hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9am-5pm, Wednesday 10am-5pm and Friday 9am-4:30pm.
Location: Student Central, Building 1, Level B.
Telephone: 1300 301 727 or email: Payment.Plan@canberra.edu.au