Revision / Editing (9991.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Creative And Cultural Practice||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Each book read is accompanied by a study of first and other drafts. Students are expected to conduct independent research into these materials, to find authorial changes and to theorise why they were made. They are also required to work on the editing of their own compositions over the course of the semester. This will provide them with the chance to put into practice lessons from the edits they have studied.
This unit combines research and practical skills as a way of engaging students in intense thinking about artistic judgement.
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Make informed revisions to their own creative writing;
2. Have experience in performing research on primary documents; and
3. Have a greater capacity publicly to make, discuss and defend judgements on quality in creative writing.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
PrerequisitesIntroduction to Creative Writing 8304
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
For Assessment #1 (workshopping/revision/editing of other students' work) you will need to attend a minimum of five workshopping classes (in weeks 3,4,5,6,9,10 and 11) to be eligible for full marks on this assessment item. If you are unable to attend these classes, please contact your tutor as soon as possible.
Required IT skills
Cost of any course texts that the student wishes to purchase.
Work placement, internships or practicums