Literary Studies: Popular Fiction (9990.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Creative And Cultural Practice||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate in written and oral forms their understanding of the common stylistic and narrative tropes associated with some popular genres of literature such as crime and speculative fiction as well as the production and marketing of these genres; and
2. Demonstrate in oral and written form the application of knowledge and critical skills in relation to one or more genres of popular fiction.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
All readings will be provided on Canvas.
An important aspect of this unit is developing the professional community skills that are found in the literary field. Therefore, attending and participating in tutorials is important to your development in literary studies field.
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums