Research and Practice (9989.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a broad understanding of the field of practice based research;
2. Demonstrate the ability to identify and evaluate key practices and practitioners in their chosen fields; and
3. Demonstrate the ability to formulate a research plan for a creative output.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
PrerequisitesComplete 24 credit points or permission of convener
Incompatible units8902 Cultural Research
Equivalent units8902 Cultural Research
Assumed knowledgeYear 12 English or equivalent, skills in creative writing and/or media design and production
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
There are weekly readings that you are also expected to do; these will be available via the Canvas site
Full attendance at all classes is expected. There is a significant link between a student's attendance / participation, and the quality of their learning outcomes demonstrated by the submitted assessable project components.
Please advise the unit lecturer (by email) in advance if you are unable to attend a particular class or studio.
Required IT skills
Students require general, basic computing skills in applications such as Word, PowerPoint and basic internet search capability.
Work placement, internships or practicums