Research and Practice (9989.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a broad understanding of the field of practice based research;
2. Demonstrate the ability to identify and evaluate key practices and practitioners in their chosen fields; and
3. Demonstrate the ability to formulate a research plan for a creative output.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
PrerequisitesComplete 24 credit points or permission of convener
- 8902 Cultural Research
Equivalent units8902 Cultural Research
Assumed knowledgeYear 12 English or equivalent, skills in creative writing and/or media design and production
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
There are weekly readings that you are also expected to do; these will be available via the Canvas site
Full attendance at all classes is expected. There is a significant link between a student's attendance / participation, and the quality of their learning outcomes demonstrated by the submitted assessable project components.
Please advise the unit lecturer (by email) in advance if you are unable to attend a particular class or studio.
Required IT skills
Students require general, basic computing skills in applications such as Word, PowerPoint and basic internet search capability.
Work placement, internships or practicums