3D Digital Design 2 (9980.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Built Environment And Design||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand and apply more complex virtual modelling and digital visualisation techniques and methodologies to multifaceted three-dimensional objects.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Prerequisites9979 3D digital Design 1
Incompatible units8317 3D Digital Design 2.1
Equivalent units8317 3D Digital Design 2.1
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Full attendance at all lectures, CREO classes is expected. Students must contact the studio tutor in advance if they are unable to attend. There is a significant link between a student's attendance/participation, and the quality of their learning outcomes demonstrated by the submitted assessable project components. To this end, attendance records are kept and may be used to guide and inform aspects of our evaluation and feedback.
Required IT skills
CREO software from PTC will be used in this unit and is available on all the computers in 7C18a and 7C18b computer labs. This software is free to all students via the the ptc.com web site.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Work placements, internships or practicums do not form part of this unit.