Management Strategy (9953.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Online
|| UC - Ducere, Online
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will:
1. Demonstrate an ability to analyse and evaluate the various strategic planning techniques;
2. Analyse and explain the function and importance of strategy within organisations;
3. Utilise strategic foresight techniques to inform strategy design;
4. Design and communicate strategies to respond to business scenarios; and
5. Interpret business data to justify strategic planning.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
PrerequisitesFundamentals of Management, 9926 AND Fundamentals of Marketing, 9958 AND Organisational Change, 9956
CorequisitesEnrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA.
Assumed knowledgeSound understanding of marketing concepts, purpose and function. Basic understanding of concept of strategy and how business functions work together towards organisational performance.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 2||05 April 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 3||01 June 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 5||27 September 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2022||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 2||04 April 2022||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2022||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 3||30 May 2022||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
The below is applicable to Ducere students:
All coursework must be submitted online via the submission portals set up within the Ducere Learning Management System.
The submission file name should be in the following format:
Further details can be found in the Ducere Course Outline.
Special assessment requirements
To pass this unit, students must obtain an aggregate mark of 50% or more.
Daily activity on the Ducere Learning Management System is strongly recommended.
Required IT skills
Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite or equivalent is highly recommended.
A desire to explore new software and technologies is encouraged.
Basic navigation skills to utilise the Learning Management System effectively.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Period 5, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (203039)
- Period 3, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (202775)
- Period 2, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (202731)
- Period 5, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197611)
- Period 3, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197610)
- Period 2, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197612)