Marketing Strategy and Planning (9951.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Online
|| UC - Ducere, Online
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will:
1. Clearly identify consumer trends and interpret them to inform business decision-making;
2. Clearly identify new market opportunities in line with business goals and develop strategies to capitalise on them;
3. Interpret market reports to inform strategic planning changes;
4. Develop detailed market development strategies to capitalise on local and global market opportunities, consolidating various marketing techniques and approaches; and
5. Demonstrate the capacity to clearly and appropriately communicate marketing requirements to a variety of audiences.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
PrerequisitesFundamentals of Marketing, 9958 AND Product Management, 9949 AND Integrated Marketing Communication, 9957 AND Advanced Digital Marketing, 9932
CorequisitesEnrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA.
Assumed knowledgeSound understanding of customer behaviour and relation to business decision making. Sound understanding of various marketing strategy components and techniques. Understanding of the relation between various marketing techniques.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 1||01 February 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 3||01 June 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 5||27 September 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2022||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 1||31 January 2022||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2022||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 3||30 May 2022||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
The below is applicable to Ducere students:
All coursework must be submitted online via the submission portals set up within the Ducere Learning Management System.
The submission file name should be in the following format:
Further details can be found in the Ducere Course Outline.
Special assessment requirements
To pass this unit, students must obtain an aggregate mark of 50% or more.
Daily activity on the Ducere Learning Management System is strongly recommended.
Required IT skills
Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite or equivalent is highly recommended.
A desire to explore new software and technologies is encouraged.
Basic navigation skills to utilise the Learning Management System effectively.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Period 5, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (203043)
- Period 3, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (202780)
- Period 1, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (202494)
- Period 5, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197853)
- Period 3, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197852)
- Period 2, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197889)
- Period 1, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197851)