Applied Leadership (9937.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Online
|| UC - Ducere, Online
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the fundamental concepts of leadership;
2. Explain various personality types and understand what they mean for business performance;
3. Understand the role of culture within a workplace;
4. Design basic operational processes to maximise team output; and
5. Clearly articulate their individual approach to leadership.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
PrerequisitesSuccessful completion of 48cp
CorequisitesEnrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 1||01 February 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 2||05 April 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 4||02 August 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 6||29 November 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2022||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 1||31 January 2022||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2022||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 2||04 April 2022||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
The below is applicable to Ducere students:
All coursework must be submitted online via the submission portals set up within the Ducere Learning Management System.
The submission file name should be in the following format:
Further details can be found in the Ducere Course Outline.
Special assessment requirements
To pass this unit, students must obtain an aggregate mark of 50% or more.
Daily activity on the Ducere Learning Management System is strongly recommended.
Required IT skills
Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite or equivalent is highly recommended.
A desire to explore new software and technologies is encouraged.
Basic navigation skills to utilise the Learning Management System effectively.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Period 4, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (202844)
- Period 2, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (202741)
- Period 1, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (202499)
- Period 6, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197774)
- Period 4, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197763)
- Period 2, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197761)
- Period 1, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197776)