Corporate Structuring and Business Law (9931.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Law School||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate fundamental understanding of key laws applicable to setting up a business;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of acceptable business behaviours;
3. Apply legal principles to everyday business situations;
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the sources of regulation that govern the operation of businesses; and
5. Identify the various organisational structure options required to complete the process of setting up and incorporating a new venture.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
PrerequisitesSuccessful completion of 24cp
CorequisitesEnrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
The below is applicable to Ducere students:
All coursework must be submitted online via the submission portals set up within the Ducere Learning Management System.
The submission file name should be in the following format:
Further details can be found in the Ducere Course Outline.
Special assessment requirements
To pass this unit, students must obtain an aggregate mark of 50% or more.
Students have a responsibility to uphold University standards on ethical scholarship. Good scholarship involves building on the work of others and use of others' work must be acknowledged with proper attribution made. Cheating, plagiarism, and falsification of data are dishonest practices that contravene academic values. Refer to the University's Student Charter for more information.
To enhance understanding of academic integrity, all students are expected to complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) at least once during their course of study. You can access this module within UCLearn (Canvas) through the 'Academic Integrity and Avoiding Plagiarism' link in the Study Help site.
Use of Text-Matching Software
The University of Canberra uses text-matching software to help students and staff reduce plagiarism and improve understanding of academic integrity. The software matches submitted text in student assignments against material from various sources: the internet, published books and journals, and previously submitted student texts.
Daily activity on the Ducere Learning Management System is strongly recommended.
Required IT skills
Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite or equivalent is highly recommended.
A desire to explore new software and technologies is encouraged.
Basic navigation skills to utilise the Learning Management System effectively.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Period 3, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (202787)
- Period 1, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (202501)
- Period 6, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197050)
- Period 5, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (196908)
- Period 3, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (194663)
- Period 2, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (194570)
- Period 1, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (192974)
- Period 6, 2019, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (187827)
- Period 5, 2019, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (187808)
- Period 3, 2019, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (187750)
- Period 2, 2019, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (187722)
- Period 1, 2019, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (187691)
- Period 6, 2018, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (180960)
- Period 3, 2018, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (181034)