Introduction to Health (9829.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Public Health||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn the successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Assess and appraise different aspects of health, health services and the health workforce both within Australia and globally;
2. Examine theories of health and healthcare relevant to a diversity of health activities and professional practice; and
3. Compare and evaluate individual, population and global contexts of health.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
4. UC graduates demonstrate Aboriginal&TorresStraitIslander ways of knowing, being&doing -use Indigenous histories&traditional ecological knowledge to develop&augment understanding of their discipline
As we share our own knowledge, teaching, learning, and research practices within this University may we also pay respect to the knowledge and traditions of the Ngunnawal peoples.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||Flexible||Dr Sundus Nizamani|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||Flexible||Dr Sundus Nizamani|
These books are recommended reading only
Keleher, H., & MacDougall, C. (2015). Understanding health (No. Ed. 4). Oxford University Press. Available as an ebook
Liamputtong, P (2019) Social Determinants of Health Oxford University Press Available as an ebook
Other recommended readings are also provided on the canvas sites or held by the Library on short term loan
Submission of assessment items
Use of text matching software
The Faculty of Health Policy for Moderation will apply to this unit.
A copy of this policy is available on Canvas
Required IT skills
Basic computing and internet skills.
Work placement, internships or practicums