Exercise Programming and Prescription 1 (9811.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Sport And Exercise Science||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will able to:
1. Implement and design appropriate exercise programs to enhance physical fitness in a general population; and
2. Teach foundation exercises and movement skills safely and using appropriate coaching frameworks.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
Prerequisites6534 Regional Anatomy and Physiology OR 9808 Regional Anatomy and Physiology.
- 8380 Physiological Exercise Mechanisms and Conditioning AND 8911 Exercise Programming and Prescription.
Equivalent units8380 Physiological Exercise Mechanisms and Conditioning AND 8911 Exercise Programming and Prescription
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Assoc Prof Andrew McKune|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Assoc Prof Andrew McKune|
Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning (2016 - 4th ed). National Strength and Conditioning Association. Haff & Triplett (Eds). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics
Exercise Technique Manual for Resistance Training (2016 - 3rd ed). National Strength and Conditioning Association. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics
Functional Testing in Human Performance (2009). Reiman & Manske. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics
ACSM's Guidelines fo Exercise Testing and Prescription (2014). ACSM. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins
Submission of assessment items
Special assessment requirements
All assessment items will be moderated as per the Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science Moderation Policy. A copy of the moderation procedures will be available through Canvas.
Inclusion and engagement
Students are expected to attend lectures as part of the unit. Announcements and information presented during lectures is deemed to have been made to all students enrolled in the unit.
Attendance at laboratory classes is compulsory when associated with assessment items. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that their attendance at laboratory/tutorial classes is recorded correctly and that they complete assessment items allocated to classes. Students are required to attend and complete assessment items based on the laboratory/tutorial for which they have been allocated. Students must submit a completed Variation to Assessment form if they do not attend compulsory laboratory/tutorial classes or fail to complete the assessment items.
Required IT skills
The use of Canvas, library searching skills, word processing, manipulation of data and creation of graphs using Excel and electronic presentation skills are necessary for this unit.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Announcements made at lectures are deemed to be made to the entire unit. Information and announcements will also be made on Canvas.
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (200604)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (193241)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (189196)
- Semester 1, 2018, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (179947)
- Semester 1, 2017, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (164071)
- Semester 1, 2016, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (154659)
- Semester 1, 2015, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (148358)