Regional Anatomy and Physiology (9808.3)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Sport And Exercise Science||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Define and correctly use anatomical and physiological terminology;
2. Recognise and describe the macroscopic and microscopic structure of the following body systems: cells and connective tissue, skeletal (bone tissue and ossification), muscular, nervous, and special senses;
3. Explain and interpret how the above systems function and interact with each other and the rest of the body to maintain homeostasis;
4. Identify bony landmarks, ligaments, tendons, muscles and blood supply of the lower limb, pelvic girdle, trunk, head, neck, upper limb and pectoral girdle; and
5. List actions elicited by muscles at the joints in the lower limb, pelvic girdle, trunk, neck, upper limb and pectoral girdle.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
Equivalent units6534 Regional Anatomy and Physiology
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Kristy Martin|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||30 May 2022||On-Campus||Assoc Prof Julie Cooke|
Suggested Textbook: Tortora & Derrickson, Principles of Anatomy and Physiology, 3rd Asia-Pacific Edition, Wiley. The printed textbook and e-text can be purchased from the link below.
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
No extensions or defferals will be granted without appropriate documentation (i.e. medical certificate)
To apply for extensions or deferrals, students must email the unit convenor with the corresponding supporting documentation within 3 calendar days of the missed assessment.
As a requirement of University Policy, all grades will undergo a moderation process.
Students have a responsibility to uphold University standards on ethical scholarship. Good scholarship involves building on the work of others and use of others' work must be acknowledged with proper attribution made. Cheating, plagiarism, and falsification of data are dishonest practices that contravene academic values. Refer to the University's Student Charter for more information.
To enhance understanding of academic integrity, all students are expected to complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) at least once during their course of study. You can access this module within UCLearn (Canvas) through the 'Academic Integrity and Avoiding Plagiarism' link in the Study Help site.
Use of Text-Matching Software
The University of Canberra uses text-matching software to help students and staff reduce plagiarism and improve understanding of academic integrity. The software matches submitted text in student assignments against material from various sources: the internet, published books and journals, and previously submitted student texts.
Required IT skills
It is expected that students will possess UC IT entry skills. Students are expected to use the Canvas site for this unit to access the required materials.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 1, 2022, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (207012)
- Winter Term, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (201222)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (200756)
- Winter Term, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (194968)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (193765)
- Winter Term, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (190672)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (190671)