Regional Anatomy and Physiology (9808.3)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Sport And Exercise Science||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Define and correctly use anatomical and physiological terminology;
2. Recognise and describe the macroscopic and microscopic structure of the following body systems: cells and connective tissue, skeletal (bone tissue and ossification), muscular, nervous, and special senses;
3. Explain and interpret how the above systems function and interact with each other and the rest of the body to maintain homeostasis;
4. Identify bony landmarks, ligaments, tendons, muscles and blood supply of the lower limb, pelvic girdle, trunk, head, neck, upper limb and pectoral girdle; and
5. List actions elicited by muscles at the joints in the lower limb, pelvic girdle, trunk, neck, upper limb and pectoral girdle.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Julie Cooke|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||01 June 2021||On-Campus||Dr Julie Cooke|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Julie Cooke|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||30 May 2022||On-Campus||Dr Julie Cooke|
Suggested Textbook: Tortora & Derrickson, Principles of Anatomy and Physiology, 2nd Asia-Pacific Edition, Wiley 2018 (E-Text). The text can be purchased from the link below, it is recommended that students purchase the $65 option to ensure that they receive ongoing access to the text and Wiley Plus Learning Space.
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
All assessments are required to be submitted electronically, unless exceptions are granted by the associate dean (education) for the relevant faculty. A coversheet should only be submitted when an assessment cannot be submitted electronically (e.g. a photograph, a model, a practical assessment), see section 4.4 Assessment Policy and Procedures.
No late submissions will be accepted or extensions granted without appropriate documentation (i.e. medical certificate)
To apply for extensions or deferrals, students must complete the appropriate form (available on Canvas) and upload to the correct dropbox along with the corresponding supporting documentation. It is the students responsibility to check the dropbox for confirmation. Submission marked "completed" are deemed to be approved.
All grades will undergo a moderation process as required by University Policy.
Special assessment requirements
In order to successfully complete this unit and receive a passing grade students must:
- Have a cummulative score of at least 50%
It is expected that students will attend all intensive laboratory classes.
Required IT skills
It is expected that students will possess UC IT entry skills. Students are expected to use the Canvas site for this unit to access all of the required materials.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Equivalent units6534 Regional Anatomy and Physiology
- Winter Term, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (201222)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (200756)
- Winter Term, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (194968)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (193765)
- Winter Term, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (190672)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (190671)