Leadership in Education Organisations PG (9791.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UCI - Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Education|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Academic Program Area - Education||Post Graduate Level|| Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of the unit, students will have:
1. Critically examined experience and existing knowledge concerning leadership and management in educational settings;
2. Demonstrated an appreciation of the theories and research relevant to the study and practice of educational leadership through an examination of contemporary international literature;
3. Displayed an applied understanding of the nature and roles of leadership and management in contemporary education organizations; and
4. Applied a range of relevant theories to the analysis of leadership in an educational setting.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UCI - Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou||Period 4||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Prof Ting Wang|
Required texts (Module 1 to Module 4) are available in Reading Lists on Canvas.
Supplementary readings and further references are also available on Canvas.
The workload for this unit is expected to be 150 hours:
1. Online reflections and engagement 15 hours
2. Attendance and engagement in workshops 25 hours
3. Prescribed readings and private study 50 hours
4. Research and assignment preparation 60 hours
Your participation in both class and online activities will enhance your understanding of the unit content and therefore the quality of your assessment responses. Lack of participation may result in your inability to satisfactorily pass assessment items.
Required IT skills
Canvas is the delivery management tool for this unit. Basic computer literacy is assumed.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Provision of information to the group
Notifications through the Canvas Announcements Forum or the Canvas Discussion Forums are deemed to be made to the whole class. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that they check for announcements on the Unit's Canvas website (forum messages are also emailed to student email addresses only). Students should ensure they check their student email regularly. The Canvas discussion forums will be checked by staff regularly.
Use of student email account
The University Email policy states that "students wishing to contact the University via email regarding administrative or academic matters need to send the email from the University account for identity verification purposes". Therefore all unit enquiries should be emailed using a student university email account. Students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they have any issues accessing their university email account.
- Period 4, 2021, On-Campus, UCI - Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou (209246)
- Period 5, 2020, On-Campus, UCI - Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou (196890)
- Period 3, 2019, On-Campus, UCI - Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou (187039)
- Period 2, 2018, On-Campus, UCI - Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou (182806)