Design and Architecture Research Methods PG (9772.3)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Post Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesStudents who successfully complete the unit will be able to:
1. Describe, analyze and appraise research methods employed in a range of design research projects;
2. Select and express appropriate methods for various design research problems; and
3. Collect, review, and critically evaluate and present information to build design knowledge and understanding.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
PrerequisitesStudents not enrolled in the Master of Architecture must gain permission of the Unit Convenor or Head of Discipline.
- 8313 Design Research Methods
Equivalent units8313 Design Research Methods
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Prof Steve Basson|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Prof Steve Basson|
Suggested readings are listed in lecture timetable shedule.
Students are expected to have read the assigned weekly materials and attend the scheduled classes. Please advise the Unit Convener if you are unable to attend a particular class.
Students who attend campus for class or other purposes must play their part in keeping our campus and community safe by following these basic guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
Practise good hand hygiene, washing hands regularly;
If you do happen to cough or sneeze, please do so into the crook of your elbow, dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands immediately
Practise effective physical distancing;
Follow all directions of teaching and other UC staff regarding safety measures; Stay off campus if you are unwell and get tested according to ACT
Government guidelines, and
Follow University communications about campus
Required IT skills
This unit involves the use of the units' Canvas Site.
Work placement, internships or practicums