Performance: Commercial Music (9741.4)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify musical elements and performance practice techniques in differing contemporary music genres;
2. Recognise and locate music appropriate for a simulated performance venue;
3. Prepare and perform an acoustic/semi-acoustic "cover" set in collaboration with others;
4. Review development of own performance and peers; and
5. Demonstrate proficiency using a compact P.A. system.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Readings/Texts are available in Canvas
Participation in group rehearsals and performances is a requirement of this unit.
Required IT skills
Basic IT skills involving online research, Canvas and Mahara use and Canvas submission procedure is a requirement of this unit, as is the ability to video performances and upload to YouTube and submit unlisted share links.
You may be required to purchase or rent an additional instrument as part of this unit.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Public performances and simulated teaching studio practice are an essential component of this unit.