Marketing and Innovation (9707.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Employ marketing principles to identify product in a relevant creative discipline;
2. Apply analysis to identify viable markets in a creative context;
3. Prepare a marketing plan for relevant creative products;
4. Use digital media (including social media) to promote a product and/or service; and
5. Operate effectively as part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary team.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Mrs Michelle Carter|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Patrick Mitchell|
Lists of required texts/readings
A specific set of readings will be provided before and in lectures. Students will be alerted to these at the beginning of semester and these will inform discussion and tutorial sessions.
For Unit readings and resources in the University of Canberra Library
Link to search page for Unit Readings (print materials)
Link to search page for eReserve (electronic materials)
Learning will be most effective in this course when students and teaching staff engage face to face. Students are expected to attend and actively participate in all lectures and workshops. Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, however, it is extremely important that if students feel unwell, they do not attend on-campus classes, and instead contact their unit convenor for advice about how they can continue to participate in the unit.
Students who attend campus for class or other purposes must play their part in keeping our campus and community safe by following these basic guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
- Practise good hand hygiene, washing hands regularly;
- If you do happen to cough or sneeze, please do so into the crook of your elbow, dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands immediately
- Practise effective physical distancing;
- Follow all directions of teaching and other UC staff regarding safety measures;
- Stay off campus if you are unwell and get tested according to Queensland Government guidelines, and Follow TAFE Queensland communications for current health and campus advice https://tafeqld.edu.au/current-students/health-advice.html?
Required IT skills
Students require general computing skills in applications such as word, PowerPoint and basic internet search capability.
(Note: To calculate your unit fees see: How do I calculate my fees?.
The online UC Co-op Textbook Search is available for purchasing text books.)
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (199850)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (196208)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (196209)
- Semester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (191347)
- Semester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (191348)