Creative Project 4 (9705.4)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Further refine discipline specific skills to achieve project outcomes;
2. Manage the project effectively and record, document and evaluate the project experience, considering publication; and
3. Employ professional communication skills in collaborative/consultative, academic and/or creative contexts.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Discipline area will recommend readings appropriate to the approved project.
Students should endeavour to maintain at least 80% attendance for all lectures and tutorials. Lectures and tutorials are designed to scaffold student learning and assist students to complete their Assignment tasks. If there is a legitimate reason for an absence, then the lecturer should be emailed as a courtesy to explain the absence.
Additionally, students are expected to engage in an additional 4-7hrs of work per week for the unit, which excludes the lectures and tutorials (approximately 80hrs over a semester).
Students who attend campus for class or other purposes must play their part in keeping our campus and community safe by following these basic guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
- Practise good hand hygiene, washing hands regularly;
- If you do happen to cough or sneeze, please do so into the crook of your elbow, dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands immediately
- Practise effective physical distancing;
- Follow all directions of teaching and other UC staff regarding safety measures;
- Stay off campus if you are unwell and get tested according to Queensland Government guidelines, and
- Follow TAFE Queensland communications for current health and campus advice https://tafeqld.edu.au/current-students/health-advice.html?
Required IT skills
This unit assumes IT and media production skills in line with the prerequisite units. Students should be comfortable designing, developing and producing digital media in a range of forms.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (199846)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (199382)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (196200)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (196201)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (194340)
- Semester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (191339)
- Semester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (191338)
- Winter Term, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (191335)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (191333)