Creative Project 3 (9704.3)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Refine discipline specific skills to achieve project outcomes;
2. Manage the project effectively and record, document and evaluate the project experience, considering publication; and
3. Employ professional communication skills in collaborative/consultative, academic and/or creative contexts.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Lecturers / Tutors will recommend readings appropriate to the approved project.
Students are expected to attend and actively participate in all lectures and tutorials. If a student misses lectures ortutorialss, it may negatively impact upon their final assessment, due to them having missed important educational information and material. Announcements that are made at lectures, and via Canvas, are deemed to be made to the whole group.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, however, it is extremely important that if students feel unwell, they do not attend on-campus classes, and instead contact their unit convenor for advice about how they can continue to participate in the unit.
Students who attend campus for class or other purposes must play their part in keeping our campus and community safe by following these basic guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
- Practise good hand hygiene, washing hands regularly;
- If you do happen to cough or sneeze, please do so into the crook of your elbow, dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands immediately
- Practise effective physical distancing;
- Follow all directions of teaching and other UC staff regarding safety measures;
- Stay off campus if you are unwell and get tested according to Queensland Government guidelines, and Follow TAFE Queensland communications for current health and campus advice https://tafeqld.edu.au/current-students/health-advice.html?
Required IT skills
Students require general computing skills in applications such as Word, PowerPoint and basic internet search capability.
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit can include WIL
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (199845)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (199381)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (199380)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (196197)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (194339)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (194338)
- Semester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (191332)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (191330)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (191331)