Creative Career (9700.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomes1. Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to: Apply and analyse business planning processes in a creative context;
2. Identify, research and critically analyse information relevant to a business problem or issue, be able to synthesise that information in order to evaluate potential solutions, make recommendations or otherwise effectively address the problem or issue;
3. Apply ethical reasoning, standards or codes of practice relevant to the discipline and make decisions that are informed by social and cultural understanding; and
4. Employ sustainable industry structures and business practices in a creative context.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
This unit of study will be delivered through lectures and tutorials. The lectures will provide the theoretical content and the tutorials will provide students with opportunities to explore the material from both in practical ways.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Mrs Ann Stevens|
|2021||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Mrs Michelle Carter|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Mrs Ann Stevens|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Mrs Michelle Carter|
Required readings are listed on the CANVAS site for this unit.
It is essential that students review the lectures and attend the face to face tutorials. It is through consistent attendance that students willl be able to achieve strong outcomes in this unit.
If problems arise in this area, students will need to contact their lecturer and tutors to stay in touch with content delivery.
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (199165)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (199166)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (193526)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (193527)
- Summer Semester, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (198655)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (191517)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (191515)